Aerostructural optimization and aeroelasticity of new generation aircraft
26-27 April 2023
This course will concern the following learning objectives:
- Multidisciplinary optimization considering aerodynamics and structures.
- Algorithmic Differentiation (AD) to support an efficient evaluation of the sensitivities needed by gradient-base optimization techniques.
- Effects of flight dynamics and aeroelasticity coupling.
- Formulation of coupled problems.
- Introduction: new efficient wings, aerostructural coupling, and optimization
- Optimization: definitions, classifications, numerical optimization methods (gradient-based optimization)
- Gradient evaluation: the adjoint method. Algorithmic differentiation.
- Using AD library on a simple problem: forward vs reverse modes
- MDO and MDO architectures. Coupled gradient evaluation.
- Application of high-fidelity Aero-structural optimization with AD
- Introduction on non-conventional aircraft and coupled flight dynamic and aeroelastic effects.
- Formulation of the coupled problem, unsteady aerodynamic forces integration.
- Applications on non-wing&tube aircraft